This article will enable users create an app password for the Soup Mail Outlook add-in to enable Outlook sync with Soup Mail when Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is enabled by your admin. This is not applicable if you don't have MFA enabled in Office 365.
Click this link for more information on how to setup app password for applications to connect to Office 365.
Please follow the steps below to setup an app password for Soup Mail Outlook add-in:
- Sign in to your Office 365 account
- Choose Security & Privacy > Additional security verification.You'll only see this option if your admin has set up MFA for your organization.
- This will open up a window to enable you create an app password for Soup Mail as shown below. Click the "Create" button to create password:
- Enter the name to help you remember where you use this password and click the "next" button
- Copy the generated password as shown below and paste it in the Email password field in Soup Mail Outlook app
- Paste the copied password into the Email Password field in Soup Mail and click the "Connect" button to sync Soup Mail with your Outlook email account.
- Soup Mail will now sync your favourited folders with your Office 365 mailbox.