One of the great features of the cloud version of Soup Mail is the ability to sync Soup Mail folders with your email account. This means that you can:
- Drag-and-drop emails to Soup Mail folders within your mail client - and they will be saved to Soup Mail
- Directly open saved emails from within your mail client. This feature is great for users who frequently go off-line or who are using a mail client other than Outlook (e.g. Mac users).
Instructions to enable Soup Mail sync folders
Please do the following to connect your mailbox to our sync service:
- Browse to go.soupmail.com and log in
- Click Settings, then on the Mailbox tab within the Settings page
- Choose "Enabled" from the Mailbox Sync drop-down
- Choose your mail server type, e.g. Exchange (which also applies to Office 365 accounts) or IMAP
- Enter your email address and the password for your email account (this is your Outlook/mail account username and password, NOT your Soup Mail details)
- Click "Connect". This will now connect your mail account to Soup Mail and you will see a folder called "Soup Mail | <Company Name>" in your mail account in Outlook/OWA/your email client. Soup Mail folders that you "favourite" will appear under this folder. You can favourite folders by clicking the Star icon beside a folder name anywhere in Soup Mail.
- Note that it may fail the first time, for example if your mail server is configured to use your a domain account rather than your email address as the user name. When it fails, you'll be able to review advanced settings. Common issues are:
- [Exchange users] Your email username may need to be your domain account, not your email address: Try entering your domain account name in the username field in the following format: <companydomain>\<username> e.g (MOJOSOUP\david.lockie)
- Your mail server host may not be correct - Soup Mail uses auto-discover but it may not get the right details: Check what's in the host field, and make sure it matches what you have in Outlook or your smartphone for your email account.
- You can now drag-and-drop emails to your favourited folders under the "Soup Mail | <Company Name>" folder, and they'll be saved to Soup Mail. Note: It could take anywhere from 5mins to 1hr to sync your emails depending on where the background sync process is up to.
- You can also make use of inbox rules to automatically save emails to Soup Mail folders, if you wish.
If you get stuck, compare your settings with a colleague who has connected, or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll give you a hand.