In some situations, Outlook keeps disabling the Soup Mail Outlook add-in, so that even after re-enabling the add-in, next time Outlook is started up the add-in is disabled again.
The resolution is to force the load behaviour for the add-in to "Load at startup".
Here’s how to do so:
- Exit Outlook
- Open the registry editor (Start menu > type "regedit", click enter)
- In the navigation tree, browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Soup Mail Outlook Addin
- Double-click the item on the right hand side that says “LoadBehavior”, and on the pop-up editing dialog, set the value to 3, then click OK
- Launch Outlook. For users of Outlook 2013+, you may get a message from Outlook that says the Soup add-in took a long time to load, and an option to “Always load it anyway” or similar - if you see this, choose the option to load it.
Users of the legacy (non-cloud) Soup Mail product, who haven't moved to the self-installing add-in version, may find the key here instead:
- (64-bit OS) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Mojo Soup.Soup Mail Outlook Addin
- (32-bit OS) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Mojo Soup.Soup Mail Outlook Addin