Welcome to Soup Mail in the cloud
Congratulations on making the move to the cloud version of Soup Mail. We are sure you will enjoy the familiar Outlook integration and the much improved search and ability to access your emails anywhere, including on your mobile device.
To get started, there are a few things you need to do and be aware of, and we have provided the following step-by-step instructions to get you started.
How do I get started?
Your Soup Mail administrator needs to first add you to the team, at which point you will receive an invitation email to join the team and activate your new Soup Mail account. (Note: If you have not received an invitation email, check your spam and/or contact your email administrator to ensure soupmail.com is whitelisted)
1) Activate your new Soup Mail account
Click the link in the invitation email to activate your account and nominate a unique Soup Mail password. This is important to remember and will be used to login to Soup Mail from both the web browser and the first time you install the Outlook Add-in.
After activation you will be taken to the Soup Mail dashboard which summarises recent emails, folders and tags within your team. Please note that it may take up to 2hrs after activation for you to see all the folders and email within your team.
2) Un-install the old Outlook Add-in
- Exit Outlook
- Goto Add/Remove programs (via Control panel or clicking start and typing remove programs to go directly).
- Find Soup Mail Outlook Add-in and click Remove/Un-install.
- Open Outlook and confirm that the Soup Mail toolbar is no longer present.
Note: If using Outlook 2007, you will need to manually delete the toolbar after uninstall by right-clicking not the Soup Mail toolbar and click Remove.
3) Install new Outlook Add-in
- Exit Outlook
- Add Soup Mail to your trusted sites by doing the following:
- Launch Internet Explorer and open its "Internet Options" dialog
- Click on the "Security" tab, then on "Trusted Sites"
- Now click on the "Sites" button
- Add *://*.soupmail.com to the list by entering it in the field at the top and clicking Add. (Note: You will need to uncheck "Require server verification (https:)"). The pattern, with asterisks, ensures that any subdomain of soupmail.com is trusted, in case the location of the add-in installer later changes.
- Close the dialogs
Install new Outlook Add-in by clicking and running: http://addin.soupmail.com/setup.exe
- Open Outlook and observe the new Soup Mail toolbar is present.
Attempt to save an email and you should be prompted to login to Soup Mail. At the dialog enter your Soup Mail username (email) and password and click Login, then click OK.
Confirm you were able to save an email to Soup Mail by clicking Search and observe the email should exist within Soup Mail.
How do I search emails in the cloud?
Emails saved to Soup Mail are accessible by clicking the Search button within Outlook or browsing to http://go.soupmail.com and logging in with your Soup Mail username (email) and password. Note: We recommend that you get your browser to remember your username and password to avoid being prompted to login every day.
The simplest way to search is to:
- Click search within Outlook (Which opens your default browser to http://go.soupmail.com)
- Click Mail in the top menu bar
- Type keywords in the refine search box
- Click the Download email link beside the email subject to download and open the email with Outlook.
Where are my old emails?
The emails from the old version of Soup Mail are progressively being migrated/uploaded to the cloud version. Depending on how many you have this can take either days or weeks to complete. Your local administrators will let you know when it is complete. You can still browse old emails that have not yet been uploaded by opening the old Soup Mail search utility, from the shortcut on your desktop or within your start menu. Please note that your on-premise Soup Mail has been set to read-only, which may cause some errors to pop up in the old application. If you see an error dialog, please click "Continue".
What about Mac?
One of the great features of the cloud version of Soup Mail is the ability to sync Soup Mail folders with your email account. This means that you can:
- Drag-and-drop emails to Soup Mail folders within your mail client - and they will be saved to Soup Mail
- Directly open saved emails from within your mail client. This feature is great for users who frequently go off-line or who are using a mail client other than Outlook (e.g. Mac users).
Mobile device access and App
Using Soup Mail sync folders you can now save emails on the go by moving emails to Soup Mail folders within the native mail client on your mobile device. To get started with sync folders go here - https://mojosoup.zendesk.com/entries/52717405-Soup-Mail-sync-folders.
Soup Mail is also mobile optimised so if you browse to http://go.soupmail.com on your mobile device, it will adapt to fit the screen.
If you are using an iPhone or iPad you can also get the Soup Mail app - https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/soup-mail/id633813779?mt=8