Some users are experiencing crashing of Outlook caused by an issue with the Outlook Add-in after the .NET version on their machine is updated to 4.5.1.
The symptoms are that upon opening Outlook, it crashes during the startup procedure where the splash screen appears. When attempting to re-open Outlook, a message like the following is shown. If "No" is clicked, the crash re-occurs; if "Yes", Outlook opens but the Soup Mail Outlook Add-in is disabled.
We are working on a fix for this problem. In the meantime, please follow these steps:
- Exit Outlook and other programs
- Uninstall the Soup Mail Outlook Add-in (Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features; locate the Soup Mail Outlook Addin in the list, right-click it and choose 'Uninstall').
- Uninstall the .NET 4.5.1 update (Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features; locate Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 in the list, right-click it and choose 'Uninstall').
- Browse to http://mojosoup.com.au/addin/setup.exe (this is the latest update of the Soup Mail Outlook Add-In), and run the setup.exe file. You may be prompted to install the Microsoft .NET 4 framework. Accept this installation.
- Open Outlook. If the Soup Mail Outlook Add-in is not present in the toolbar, refer to the instructions here to re-enable it (see the instructions for disabled add-ins in the first comment).