From time to time, a Soup Mail support representative may request that you save an email in "debug mode". Debug mode tells Soup Mail to write a log file, which will assist in diagnosing issues that you may be experiencing with the Soup Mail Outlook Add-In.
Here's how to enable debug mode, and find the log file that it creates:
- In Outlook, select the email you want to save.
- Click on the "Save" button in the Soup Mail toolbar, or select "Save to Soup Mail..." from the right-click context menu.
- When you see the Soup Mail save mail dialog, hold Ctrl+Alt+D to switch on debug mode (you'll get a message that you're in debug mode).
- Make your selections for saving the email as you would normally, and click "Save".
- Once the email is saved (or fails), browse to your "Temp" folder:
- Windows 7: Click the Start button, type %temp% in the search bar, and hit enter (or browse to "C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Temp"
- XP: browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserName>\Local Settings\Temp"